Returns & Refunds
The Japanese Friend is taking too long to ship my order. Can I cancel it?
First, please check the offer page to see the number of days your Friend has indicated it will take for them to ship your item, or whether or not the item is a pre-order.
Please note that items offered by your Friends in Japan are mostly items they found on online stores or marketplaces (including flea market sites) etc. Therefore it takes time for the item to be delivered to the Friend's home in order for them to ship it to you and provide you a tracking number.
If you still think that it is taking too much time, please contact us by creating a New support ticket including your Otsukai username and the URL of the Request you have a question about. We will get back to you as soon as possible, and if needed we will contact the Friend on your behalf to check the status of the item.
Where is my parcel?
- First try to track the order if you received a tracking number from the sender. You can easily click on the link provided, copy the tracking number into the JP postal service as well as the national postal service of your country to track the item. Depending on season and country, your parcel might need a little more time to arrive. It could also be held back by customs for investigations. Please also understand that it may take a day or so for the tracking number to work on the tracking website.
- Please contact your local post office if your package has arrived in your country, but doesn't seem to be arriving to your place anytime soon.
- Last but not least, please don't hesitate to write us by creating a New support ticket including your Otsukai username and the URL of the Request you have a question about!
I accepted an offer but I've changed my mind. Can I cancel the order?
You cannot cancel orders once you have made payment. Please carefully check your inputted information before placing a Request and the details of the Friend's offer before accepting and paying for the items.
If you have not yet accepted any offers, you can delete your Request. However, once you have made payment you cannot cancel your order. All orders are made at your own risk.
Please contact us by creating a New support ticket (including your Otsukai username and the URL of the Request) if your Friend in Japan sent the incorrect item or it is not as described. We will then contact your Friend and try to find a solution.
My order has arrived but it is not as described.
All orders on Otsukai are made at your own risk. Please carefully check the offer before you accept it, and make sure you research the item that you are buying. (For example, we will NOT accept complaints that the item is bigger than they expected, different to the item in the Request etc.)
If the Friend has sent you a completely different item to the one you accepted, then please contact us by creating a New support ticket (including your Otsukai username and the URL of the Request). We will then contact your Friend and try to find a solution.
My order has arrived but it is damaged. What now?
Your Friend will pack your items to the best of their ability to protect them from being damaged and send them with a tracking number and insurance (depending on the shipping method). There may be occasions where bubble wrap, air bags, etc won't be enough to fully protect your items and are damaged or even lost in transit. In the case that your order has arrived but is damaged, please do the following:
- Please contact your local post office immediately. An employee will check the condition of the damaged articles. Please note that you have to present the contents of the package and also the packaging itself. You may be able to claim the insurance up to the amount stated on the customs declaration.
- If you feel the item was packaged very badly by the Friend (for example, they did not use any bubble wrap or cardboard around a badge and it was dented), then please contact us by creating a New support ticket (including your Otsukai username and the URL of the Request you have a question about) and we can contact the Friend to find a solution.
Can I return my order and get a refund?
Items cannot be returned except in very special cases. Please carefully check the information you input before placing a Request and the information of the offer before accepting and paying for the items. All orders are made at your own risk.