Managing Your Account
- How do I create an account?
- I haven’t received a confirmation email.
- How can I change my icon?
- I forgot my password
- Can I change my email address?
- How do I register my shipping address?
- How can I change my shipping address?
- How can I check my shipping address?
- Can I use an APO/FPO/DPO/P.O. Box etc?
- Can you use the shipping information registered to my PayPal account?
- Why do I need to enter my phone number?
- Who can see my shipping address and phone number?
- There is a mistake in my address / I moved house after accepting an offer.
- Can I change how many emails I get from Otsukai?
- Can I add a social login to my existing Otsukai account?
- Can I disconnect my social login details?
- I signed up to Otsukai using social media but I can't log into the app.
- How do I log out?
- How can I delete my account?
How do I create an account?
You can choose to sign up with an email address or by using a social media account such as Facebook.
To sign up with an email address
- Click Sign Up
- Tap on the 'email' box to bring up the sign up form.
- Fill out the details and select Sign Up
- Check your email inbox for an email from Otsukai.
- Click on the URL in the email in order to activate your Otsukai account.
To sign up with a social media account
- Click Sign Up
- Choose the social media account with which you would like to sign up.
- You will be redirected to the social media website and prompted to give Otsukai permission to use your social media account to log in to Otsukai.
Please note that if you sign up to Otsukai using social media, by default the email address you use to log into your social media account will become the email address registered to Otsukai. This will be the email to which you will receive any updates from Otsukai (for example, if you receive any offers on your Request, or if the Otsukai support team needs to contact you.) If for some reason this email address is not convenient for you, you can change your registered email address at any time by going to My Page then Edit Account Details. This will not affect your ability to use the social login.
I haven’t received a confirmation mail.
Please check your spam folder. If after checking your spam you still can't find an email, try requesting a new confirmation email via this link: Didn't receive confirmation message? The link can also be found on the login page underneath the login button.
Another very common reason that users do not receive a confirmation email is that they entered their email address incorrectly when signing up. Please try registering again with the correct email address.
How can I change my icon?
- Go to My Page.
- Go to Edit profile.
- Upload a new picture by clicking on Choose File.
- Select an image from your files and click on Open.
- Choose Update and you should be able to see your new icon.
I forgot my password.
- If you forget your password, just click on ‘Forgot password?’ and you will be prompted to enter your email address.
- Click on the link contained within the email you receive to reset your password.
Can I change my email address?
You can change the email address you have registered to Otsukai by going to ‘Edit Account Details’. You will receive a confirmation email to your original email address. Please follow the instructions in the email to complete the change.
How do I register my shipping address?
- Make sure to update your address before accepting an offer and insert all required details before clicking Update.
- If your address is longer than 2 lines (not including State and Postal Code), you can write more than one address part in the same line, separated with a comma. E.g "Sakura Town, Forest County".
- Please clearly state your State/Province/Territory etc. and avoid the use of abbreviations. (e.g. AL -> Alabama, CA -> California,...)
- Don't forget to click Update.
Please note that your Friend cannot see any address other than the one you have registered on Otsukai. If your address is incorrect or missing information, your package may not be delivered.
How can I change my shipping address?
- Go to My Page.
- Click on Change address.
- Don’t forget to click Update to save your changes.
You cannot change your address whilst an order is in progress. If you notice a problem with your address, please contact the Otsukai support team as soon as possible. Please see below for more information. ("I accepted an offer but I noticed a mistake in my address / I moved house. Can I change it?")
How can I check my shipping address?
If you are not in the middle of an Errand, you can check your shipping address any time by going to My Page and clicking Change Address.
If you are in the middle of an Errand, you can check your shipping address by going to your Errand page. You can access this page from your My Page or by going to the Request page and scrolling down to the To Your Errand button.
Please note that your shipping address will only be displayed on your Errand page until your item has been shipped. Please contact the Otsukai support team if you need to check your shipping address but your item has already been shipped.
Can I use an APO/FPO/DPO/P.O. Box etc?
Please do not register an APO/FPO/DPO/P.O. Box as your address on Otsukai. Otsukai needs to be able to track your package to confirm whether or not you have received it, and unfortunately, items shipped to APO/FPO/DPO/P.O. Box addresses can not be properly tracked.
We are sorry for the inconvenience, but please use a residential or office address on Otsukai.
Can you use the shipping information registered to my PayPal account?
We do not share any information related to your PayPal account. Please make sure the address you have registered to Otsukai is the one you wish orders to be sent to.
Please see How can I check my shipping address and There is a mistake in my address if you think you may not have inputted the incorrect address into Otsukai.
Why do I need to enter my phone number?
Your friend will add your phone number to the shipping label when they ship your item. This will allow the shipping company to contact you by phone if there is a problem during the delivery process.
Who can see my shipping address and phone number?
Only the Friend whose offer you have accepted will be able to see your shipping address and phone number. Your details are displayed to the Friend from the moment you make payment, and will disappear when the item is marked as shipped.
Friends will not be able to access your details again after they have shipped the item.
I accepted an offer but I noticed a mistake in my address / I moved house. Can I change it?
If you accept an offer, the Friend will only be able to see the address you had set at the time you made the purchase. You cannot change your address while you have an order in progress. Please make sure to check and double check your details BEFORE accepting any offers.
If you notice a mistake in your address while you are waiting for an order to be shipped, please create a support ticket as soon as possible. Make sure you include your username, the URL of your Request, your old address and new address in the ticket. We can try to contact the Friend before they send the item. However, we do not take any responsibility if you do not receive the item due to your own error.
If you have ordered a pre-order item and your address has or will change, please let us know by creating a support ticket.
If your package has been returned to the sender, then please read: My Package has been returned to the sender.
Can I change how many emails I get from Otsukai?
You can change how many emails you receive from Otsukai by logging in to Otsukai and going to My Page and Notifications.
You can turn off the following emails:
・Get notified with the latest info and offers from Otsukai - this means you can choose whether or not you receive promotional emails from Otsukai informing you of one-off campaigns, tips on how to use Otsukai and more.
・Get notified when an offer made to you is approaching expiry - this means that you can choose whether or not you receive an email if an offer made on one of your Requests is about to expire.
You will also see an option titled Get notified of offers made on your Requests.
You can choose from the following three options:
・Every time - Default setting. This will send you an email every time a Friend makes an offer on one of your Requests.
・Once per day - this will send you an email once per day with a list of all the Requests which received an offer that day.
・Never - You will not receive emails notifying you of offers made on your Requests.
Please note that this frequency option will not affect other emails sent to you from Otsukai.
Can I add a social login to my existing Otsukai account?
Yes, you can add a social login (i.e. the ability to log in using your social media account) to your existing Otsukai account. You can then log in using whichever method is easiest for you.
To add a social login to your account, go to My Page then Edit Account Details. Select the social media service you would like to use to log in to Otsukai and select Connect. You will be redirected to the social media website and prompted to give Otsukai permission to use your social media account to log in.
Can I disconnect my social login details?
You can disconnect your social login by going to My Page and Edit Account Details.
Select Disconnect for the social media account you would like to disconnect.
Please note that you will need to have a password registered to Otsukai in order to disconnect your social media account.
If you do not yet have a password registered to Otsukai, you will see a yellow box at the top of the Edit Account Details page.
Registering a password will allow you to log into your Otsukai account even after disabling social login.
I signed up to Otsukai using social media but I can't log into the app.
The Otsukai app does not currently support social login. Please register a password to your Otsukai account in order to be able to log in on the app.
You can do this by logging into Otsukai on a browser then going to My Page and Edit Account Details.
After registering a password, you will be able to log in to the Otsukai app using your email address and password.
You will still be able to log into Otsukai using social login on a browser.
How do I log out?
Visit your My Page. The Log Out button is displayed on the left side.
How can I delete my account?
- Create a new support ticket.
- While logged into Otsukai, go to My Page.
- Take a screenshot of the page, making sure we can see your username.
- Attach the screenshot to the support ticket, and let us know that you wish to delete your account.
- If possible, please let us know why you wish to have your account deleted.